1 of 6 2 of 6 3 of 6 4 of 6 5 of 6 6 of 6
PreviousNext

9

Kitchens

Evanston kitchen remodeling, 2004

The kitchen of this 1914 Colonial Revival house in northeast Evanston had been clumsily remodeled in the 60’s, but the original butler’s pantry was untouched, with tall glass-fronted fir cabinets that the owners loved. By carefully removing the butler’s pantry cabinets on the dividing wall between the two rooms, demolishing the wall, and reinstalling the cabinets on an adjacent kitchen wall, we were able to enlarge the kitchen and save the original cabinetry. New cabinets and an island were added in a contrasting style, to distinguish the old from the new, and the original mud room and pantry (now, a computer work station) reconstructed.

Next